For dog owners, going on vacation is often a difficult call as many places do not have enough to entertain their pets. However, finding a pet or attraction for your furry friend would be a worry if you were heading to Lake Havasu City. In addition to playing host to several dog-friendly hotels and holiday homes, the city boasts several dog parks, attractions, pet-friendly restaurants as well as RV parks and campsites, all of which will ensure a comfortable stay for your pet. So, if you are looking for a dog attraction in Lake Havasu City that would entertain you as well as your pet, here are the top five types:
- Lions Dog Park at London Bridge Beach: Being one of the city's main attractions, this fully fenced park has a grassy area where your canine friend can run and play. These activities can still quench your thirst from a drinking bucket filled with fresh water. The place has covered benches, a walking path for people and a fountain shaped like a hydrant that sprays cold fog with water. If your dog is on a leash, you can also take him outside the dog area.
- Cattail Cove State Park: With over 2,000 acres of natural wonderland, this place awaits you and your dog with much exploration and enjoyment. You have to put your pet on a leash all the time while enjoying bird watching, hiking or picnicking in this beautiful park.
- Bill Williams National Wildlife Refuge: Spread over 6,105 acres, this place has a rich natural and cultural history. You can take dogs of all sizes to this location, provided they are constantly leashed and cleaned. Your pet can walk the park or just walk along the park. However, at no point can you leave your dog unattended.
- Islander RV Resort: Although dogs of all sizes are allowed here, there are some restrictions on the breed. The camp has a dog walk area where your dog friend can enjoy a leisurely stroll. However, you must ensure that your pet is not left unattended outside, that it is taken and cleaned at all times.
- Lake Havasu State Park: By keeping your dog on a leash, you can guide your pet to enjoy the beautiful nature trails in this park. Dogs are not allowed on the beach though.
Admission to some of these attractions is free, while others charge a fee. Before going there, it would be a good idea to consider the costs and additional conditions, if any.
This and a few other dog-friendly places in the city are ideal for dog trips. So the next time your brain breaks down to choose a pet destination, come to Lake Havasu City right away.